The Cookie and Privacy Policies on this page govern the use of this website "https://www.dijstra.com".
Last updated: 12th August 2018
This website does not use any tracking cookies or beacons to monitor individual usage of this website and no personally identifiable information from a user of this website is obtained other than that which a user or visitor knowingly submits by using the contact form or quotation form on this website. The cookies used enhance the users experience using this website.
Types of Cookies used
Below is a list of the types of cookies which may be used by this website:
- Session Cookies: These cookies expire when the website browser is closed. They identify your session (use of this website) by a uniquely generated id so as to distinguish your actions from other users. This unique id does not relate to personal data and is used for security purposes. Session cookies may also secure your session if you have an account on this website.
Where a cookie from this website is storing preferences or session information, this is between your device and this website and such cookies are only readable by this website and your device, they do not store or transmit personally identifiable information.
You can learn more about cookies via the following third-party websites:
We have presented several links below for information on how to remove cookies from your web-browser.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Microsoft Edge web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
Links to other websites
Last updated: 12th August 2018
Who we are
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified by such data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the service, or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the date and time a website page was visited, the browser type and/or browser version).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the User's device.
- Data Processor (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or a Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- User: The User is the individual using the Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of the Personal Data.
What Information is Collected and Used
Several types of data are collected via this website:
Whilst using this website, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information through website forms that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data").
By using forms on this site, we collect the following:
- Name (Optionally full name or first name)
- Email Address
- Telephone or Mobile
- Subject and Your message (which may contain additional personal data you choose to provide us either for contacting you or data that is related to your quotation request for example)
The information we request is to assist our being able to deal with your enquiry. This data is automatically emailed to us, and a copy of the message is sent to the submitter. A copy of your enquiry is securely retained on this website for no longer than 30 days and is subsequently deleted. You have the option to delete the data held on our website by following the short instructions included in your email copy of any form data you submit on this website.
Currently no user accounts are held on this website, and all form data is deleted from this website at the end of every month.
This website may also collect information how this service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information about from where, what time and what type of device accessed the website service, but this does not incorporate personal data. This information includes (but is not limited to):
- IP Address
- Browser type
- Browser Version
- Logs of pages visited (including the time and date and time spent on such pages)
- Unique device identifiers
This data is collected solely for security and trouble-shooting purposes and is deleted pending on there being no security or trouble-shooting required action.
Use of Data
The collected data is used for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain this Service (this website and the services we and it provides)
- To notify you about changes to the Service
- To provide customer support
- Internal record keeping
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To detect and prevent fraud through the use of this website
Retention of Data
Retention of Personal Data
Contact form messages are deleted from our records (email, completely) once we are satisfied that we have dealt with your enquiry and there is no legitimate reason for us to retain such information for legal purposes, to enforce this policies or to protect our property and business integrity.
If you take advantage and use any paid for services of Dijstra Ltd, your personal details including your email, name and address will be retained with our accounting records which we are required to do so by law, and such data must be kept for 7 years. This may change, however, you can be rest assured this data will only be kept for the legal accounting purposes required and once it has served this purpose we will delete this data.
Retention of Usage Data
This website retains Usage Data for internal analysis and security purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a short period of time (2-3 months) except where the data is required to strengthen or improve the security of this website, troubleshoot functionality issues or we are obliged to retain the data for legal purposes. If data is retained beyond normal requirements, this data is immediately deleted once it has served its purpose.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers or servers located outside of your country, province or state, or other government jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that this data, including Personal Data, is transferred to the United Kingdom and processed there.
All the information we collect is confidential between us and you. This Information is not passed or sold on to third parties without your knowledge or prior consent unless we are required to do so by law.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure of Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (for example, a court or government agency).
We may disclose your personal data in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend our own rights or property / integrity
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the services we offer or the services offered by the website.
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service, products or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. This website is encrypted with SSL (https) which is an extra assurance that your communications and interactions with this website are private and secure. We ask that you maintain your own good security practices which include but are not limited to:
- Maintain good security on your device (such as anti-malware or anti-virus)
- Maintain good security on your e-mail (if an unauthorised person gains access to your e-mail in the modern world, this not only endangers your security for the contents of your e-mail but may also allow the unauthorised person to gain access to many if not all of your accounts held on websites across the web).
Please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Providing us with Accurate Data
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to request for the correction, deletion or to limit the use of your Personal Data. As this website holds no personal data, the personal data is held in personal correspondence (emails) and any accounts records if you have purchased from us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request deletion of Personal Data held about you (we will notify you of any data we must retain, such as purchase or payment history)
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to us. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Presently, no third party services are involved with handling any of your personal data submitted via this website. This website presently employs 3rd party services for security purposes only and the data collected by 3rd parties is not combined with any information from this website.
We use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google Inc. (Google) to protect your submissions via internet submission forms on this site (the contact page). This plugin checks if you are a person in order to prevent certain website functions from being abused (or used) by spam bots. This plugin query includes the sending of the IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the Google reCAPTCHA service. For this purpose your input will be communicated to and used by Google. However, your IP address is previously truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the agreement on the European Economic Area and is, as such, anonymized. Only in exceptional cases is a full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website (Jaimie Dijstra and Dijstra Ltd), Google will use this information to evaluate your use of this service. The IP address provided by reCaptcha from your browser is not merged with any other data from Google or This Website.
By using the reCAPTCHA service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
This Website and the Services are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from children or other individuals who are not legally able to use this Site and Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 16.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy policies in place whilst visiting such sites as such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.